The lagerstroemia is a wonderful shrub that blooms throughout the’summer.
Here are the gestures’Maintenance attending the flowering and growing your lagerstroemia.
In short, that’you should know:
Name : Lagerstroemia indica
Family : Lythraceae
Type : Tree
Height : 3 to 5 m
Exposure : Sunny and part shade
Ground : Rich enough
Foliage : Deciduous
Flowering : May to October
It is found in shrub form lagerstroemia, half-pin or rod which gives, in the latter case,’impression’have a small tree.
It is recommended that the plant to’autumn to promote’roots, but also the will grow up’spring, outside periods of freezing.
In colder regions and we prefer a spring planting so that’Furthermore we plant instead to’autumn, after the leaves fall.
- Prefer sheltered place and especially largely sunny
- Its growth is relatively slow
- Follow us planting tips.
The culture of lagerstroemia pot is quite possible, especially in areas with cold winters, which will allow you to protect the’winter.
Size, maintenance lagerstroemia:
Rather the end of’winter, preferably in March, shortly before or after depending on the climate (after the severe frosts of course)
- Cut short the branches of’previous year to foster the next flowering.
- Then delete the branches which cross, making sure to leave those who go to the’outside and eliminate those facing the’inside’shrub.
Prune branches that have pushed the’previous year, leaving only a few inches while ensuring leave a bud facing the’exterior s’shrub.
- This will keep a beautiful silhouette.
Namely the lagerstroemia:
The lagerstroemia is a small tree to the generous and abundant flowering, it is remarkable in whole’summer thanks to its beautiful clusters of bright colors.
Flowering lasts a long time and may even stay on until lagerstroemia’to frost.
At’autumn, c’is a superb stained sheet of red, yellow and orange that unfolds.
L’winter, when’it will have lost its leaves, you will discover a beautiful blue mottled gray trunk as the plane tree.
- Put at its foot a Mulching to protect the roots from the cold.
- Cultivate pot and tuck it to the’frost if temperatures fall below -10 °
Malignant Council on the lagerstroemia:
During the summer heat, water regularly in the evening but not excessively.
- Tips on how to prune shrubs
- Ideas flowering shrubs for a hedge
- The hedge best defense against diseases
- The summer-flowering shrubs