L’ipomea indica is a lovely vine to the generous and spectacular flowering.
If it can be invasive, the’ipomea requires little’maintenance and will soon satisfy you, either in the garden or on the terrace.
In short, that’you should know:
Name : Ipomoea indica
Family : Convolvulaceae
Type : Vine, annual
Height : 3 to 6 m
Exposure : Sunlight
Ground : Rich enough
Foliage : Deciduous
Flowering : June to November
Although persistent in the tropics, the’ipomea is cultivated as an annual home and therefore does not grow to’year on year’other.
Perform seedlings under shelter from March transplant in April and put in place from the month of May in a mixture of soil, compost and’organic amendment.
- Do Soak seeds in’lukewarm water for 1 h before seeding order’expedite the lifting
- Can also sow directly in the ground from mid-May but flowering will take place much later, which is a shame for an annual plant
- Place’ipomea indica in a sunny place
- Place’Ipomea beside’a living as a terrace to enjoy its beautiful flowering
Culture of’ipomea pot:
The pot culture of’ipomea is quite possible and even interesting to decorate a terrace or balcony.
- Select a suitable pot’sufficient diameter (About 30 cm)
- S’make sure the pot is pierced at the bottom and ideally put a bed of beads’clay at the bottom
- Then fill the pot of potting soil for flowering plants
- Water when the soil is dry surface without flooding the plant
Size and maintenance’a ipomea:
L’ipomea has the’advantage’be very easy and therefore requires very little’maintenance.
No size n’is necessary because the’ipomea lasts only’one year.
However, if you can become invasive smoothly cut some stems gradually as c’is necessary.
L’ipomea should be watered regularly, especially in case of hot weather.
Mulch at the foot keeps the’moisture after watering and therefore limits the number of’watering ...
The growth of this plant is extremely fast: it can even reach 3-6 meters in a few weeks.
She has the’advantage’be talkative and thus set alone on the trellis, fencing, the’tree or arbor that’it will literally hug.
Its flowering is generous and flowers are pretty trumpets. They have a relatively short life span but are constantly renewed.
A limited but regular watering is recommended during flowering.
Malignant Council about the’ipomea:
Be sure to water the night to limit the’evaporation and therefore maintain the’Water is a scarce resource.