The Gardenia is one of the well-known plants indoors and amongst the most beautiful in bloom.
L’maintenance,’watering, pruning and repotting should help you improve flowering.
In short, that’you should know:
Family : Rubiaceae
Type : House plant’Inside, shrub
Height : 2m and 0.5 to 1 m indoors
Ground : Soil
Exposure : Bright
Foliage : Evergreen
Flowering : May to October
Planting and repotting Gardenia:
Culture gardenia n’is not always straightforward and some care is needed to encourage growth and flowering gardenia, it starts with the planting and repotting.
The indoor gardenia is’The most common use of gardenia as our climate does not permit outdoor cultivation in winter.
- It is recommended to plant your gardenia in a good soil for house plants’inside.
- Choose bright light but not direct sunlight.
Planting outdoors Gardenia is only possible on condition’having a warm climate the’the summer and mild’winter because it is not resistant to frost.
- Choose a location sheltered from the wind, slightly sunny but not too exposed, ideally partial shade.
- Mix the soil of your garden in the soil, the land of heather and dried leaves or river sand.
- Gardenia needs’well-drained soil.
If you grow your potted gardenia, repotting every 2-3 years is required. The plant needs’room to grow and too little pot would alter its growth.
- Wait until the plant is found to’outgrown its pot before repotting.
- Repotting gardenia s’preferably carried out at the end of’winter or early spring.
- Found in some specialty stores and garden centers of special soils gardenia.
Multiplication gardenia :
The best way to multiply a gardenia remains cuttings although this technique n’is not easy to implement.
- Cuttings takes place in early spring.
- Take cuttings of about 8-10 cm.
- Remove the lower leaves to keep only the top pair.
- Dip the cutting in of’rooting hormone.
- Plant the cuttings in a special soil cuttings or in a mixture of peat and river sand.
- Place your cuttings light without direct sun and with a high rate of’humidity (you can cover the cuttings of’a bell or’a transparent plastic to increase the level of’humidity)
- Maintain moist substrate.
- Repot seedlings when cuttings have formed beautiful leaves.
Gardenia dreads limestone and therefore prefers’sprinkling the’rain water or with the’bottled mineral water.
- It needs’be sprinkled with the’rain water or mineral if’your tap water is loaded with limestone.
- It also needs’a constant humidity.
- During flowering, do not wet the foliage as it discolors the flowers and causes spots on the flowers.
Need’a good level’ambient humidity:
To recreate the natural conditions’moisture needed by the plant, you can place it on a bed of beads’clay or gravel you leave always soaked’water.
Through the’evaporation of this water, you recreate the natural conditions the plant life in the tropics.
Watering gardenia in spring and summer:
It is important’water regularly without flooding the plant.
Allow the surface to dry between 2 arrosages.Le gardenia in need’very moist air to develop, regularly spray of’water on the foliage and stop as soon as the plant is in full bloom.
Watering gardenia in’autumn and winter:
Reduce the’watering. Wait until the substrate is dry on a good finger length before’water again.
Pruning and maintenance gardenia:
After flowering, prune lightly your shrub to maintain its beautiful compact while reducing the branches of’1/3.
Remove faded flowers as and when they arise, it stimulates’appearance new flowers.
In order to strengthen the plant and’have spectacular flowering, Bring a Special fertilizers heather.
A repotting in spring and every 2 years in a peaty soil mixing and soil is necessary for the proper development of the plant
Disease and parasites that affect the gardenia:
Cultivated plant of’Inside, the gardenia is subject to most diseases and pests insects or mites that affect this type of plant.
The main pests are aphids, mealybugs and spider mites.
- Here's how fight against mealybugs
- Here's how effective fight against aphids
- Here's how fight against spider mites
Note that if the leaves turn yellow gardenia and the veins remain green, c’chlorosis is probably related to a too hard water.
If the flowers fall before s’open c’is probably a lack of’humidity. -Fog of’soft water on the leaves and unopened flowers (stop when the flowers open as this causes tasks)
Namely the gardenia:
The gardenia is certainly’one of most beautiful plants d’inside.
Native to tropical and subtropical regions of’Africa,’Asia and’Oceania is the’particularly like for its abundant flowering which releases a soft scent of jasmine.
This plant s’adapts very well to our inner condition of’have a rate’very high humidity. Do not put it near’a radiator for avoid dehydrating.
Outdoors it needs’a very mild climate and therefore the gel’winter.
In winter, she can not stand frost and will absolutely be back.
Malignant Council on Gardenia:
After’purchase Your gardenia, wait until flowering and make a repotting : This will stimulate growth and proper development.