The raspberry is easy to culture and offers an abundant harvest.
Planting, trellising, the’Maintenance and size allow you to’have beautiful raspberries.
In short, that’you should know:
Name : Rubus idaeus
Family : Rosaceae
Type : Shrub orchard
Height : 1 to 2 m
Exposure : Sunlight
Ground : Ordinary
Foliage : Deciduous
Flowering : May to October depending on the type
Harvest : June to October, according to varieties
- Health: benefits and virtues of raspberry
Qu’it either Bare root or pot / container, it is better to plant to’autumn to promote the’rooting, recovery and therefore fruiting.
You can still plant your raspberry up’spring, avoiding periods of frost.
- Check our advice plantations shrubs.
Culture raspberry can quickly become invasive if left grow without contain it.
Then did what the’called a trellis, thereby controlling the growth, size and’have a better harvest.
Tying raspberry on the row:
Here is a good way to promote growth your raspberry and’ensure production beautiful raspberries.
The method consists of Online planting and soft iron son, 40 and 80 cm high.
Create 2 son rows, on both’Another rank raspberry, apart from’about 60 cm
Raspberries can then grow between 2 rows of son
(4 rows if we consider the two heights)
This method improves fruiting, production and harvesting.
Pruning and maintenance Raspberry:
Must remove suckers surplus throughout the’year.
There are 2 types of raspberries:
- Raspberry non-dating :
= He product that’one time in’during the year’summer.
= Fold at ground level, at the end of’summer stalks who produced fruit during’year.
= Keep 6-8 seedlings of’year and for the palisser’following year.
- Raspberry up:
It blooms = 2 times in’year and at the end of product spring and at the end of l’summer.
= Cut in late’the winter’end of the stems that have produced fruit.
Rejuvenate unproductive raspberry:
If your raspberries are less productive over the years, c’is normal and there is a solution for this.
- At the end of’winter, digging up the strain and divide the root ball
- Divide the old feet keeping only the healthiest vigorous bursts
- Subculture those bursts into soft ground, light and enriched (fertilizer or soil)
- Water regularly
Diseases and Insects in raspberry:
Raspberries deserve’be treated with a fungicide as the Bordeaux mixture to protect against botrytis fruit (botrytis) or against spur blight.
This type of treatment should be performed at the time of flowering and renewed 15 days later.
- Aphids : The raspberry the leaves curl and lose their original color.
- The worm raspberries: Proper spacing between plants, a contribution of’fertilizer in the spring and a good trellising generally sufficient to contain parasites attacks.
Species and varieties of raspberries
There are two types of raspberries.
Non-originating raspberry, which bear fruit in June-July on the shoots of’previous year:
- 'Malling Promise' : Excellent table fruit but resents transport. It is vigorous and managed more easily on non-calcareous soils.
- "Malling Exploit" : Big red fruit grows everywhere except in very dry climate.
- "Golden Queen" : Old variety, sensitive to botrytis (harmful fungus), produces white fruits in July.
- "Amber" Yellow fruit of’light gold (birds do not like them, they are more attracted to the color red). Not very thorny plant.
- "Meco" : Variety created by’INRA, produced for five weeks.
Raspberries tonics, which bear fruit in July and September:
- "Zeva" : Slightly prickly, big, firm and tasty fruit goes fast in rich soil. No need to palisser.
- "September" : Tart flavor, give a second crop almost as important as the first one. It meets all soils, even heavier.
- 'Autumn Bliss' : Big early fruit.
- "Heritage" : Firm, sweet fruit, resistant to freezing, vigorously back in September.
- "Yellow" : Golden fruit soft and sweet, good resistance to disease.
It is found among the old varieties of raspberries:
- "White Wood" : Variety of Haute-Savoie, very aromatic, ascending.
- "Lloyd George" : Product especially early in the season, sometimes classified as tonics, sometimes non-originating.
Raspberry and blackberry hybrids there that offer the strength of blackberry and raspberry fragrance: "Loganberry", "Tayberry" and "Boysenberry" which gives nice big juicy ripe also as raspberries.
Namely the raspberry:
Raspberry is a delicious fruit that’it was a lot of fun pick during’summer.
L’shrub that produces this fruit, raspberry, is easy to grow and requires only little’maintenance.
Regular watering but limited in summer and Mulching to’fall to protect the roots from cold enough.
Finally, note that’there are 3 kinds of raspberry, upbound (Which can give raspberries several times in’year) and non-originating (Which does happen that’once)
- Health: benefits and virtues of raspberry
Malignant Council on raspberry :
Beware ver raspberries ! Treat the spring with insecticide used in organic farming.