Ficus carica, better known under the fig tree name is’tree products the famous green figs, black or purple.
We consume fruit for its taste but also for its blessing on stress and digestion.
In short, that’you should know:
Name : Ficus carica
Family : Moraceae
Type : Tree orchard
Height : 5 to 10 m
Exposure : Sunlight
Ground : Ordinary
Foliage : Deciduous
Fructification : May to September
Harvest : July and August
Plantation ficus carica:
Planting ficus carica is ideally l’fall or spring for the colder regions.
Ficus carica bought a bare root plant that can not’to’fall, ideally mid-November to mid-December if it does not freeze.
- Ficus carica needs’a fresh and well drained soil.
- It is very sensitive to the nature of the soil, but will take longer to develop in poor and stony land.
- A sunny and warm conditions is almost necessary for figs.
- The proximity of’a wall appreciated if your climate is cold the’winter.
- Ficus carica dreads too windy conditions
Pruning and maintenance of ficus carica:
The size of the ficus carica is important even if it may well give beautiful figs without size.
Ficus carica by cutting your, you will accelerate growth and improve the productivity of figs.
- Emphasize a size at the end of’winter or early spring when the sap flow.
- Figs grow on shoots’a year and those of’year.
- In -marsavril, it is recommended to pinch young twigs, c’ie to cut the’end with her nails.
- Ficus carica for already trained, use pruning shears and cut the top of’an eye towards the’outdoor shoots of’previous year.
- L’contribution of’a fertilizer for fruit trees make the production better figs.
Figs do not ripen:
Often the figs do not ripen on Ficus carica.
After their appearance, it can grow a few inches before falling to mature completely.
The reason is quite simple and can often be linked to several factors, associated or not:
- Ficus carica lack of sunlight or’Summer is too short in your area.
- Ficus carica is young and the root system’impossible to draw food resources it needs.
- It must then be patient or fertilize the soil early in the spring.
- Ficus carica n’is not well where you l’have installed, perhaps because there is too much wind or not enough heat. You can then consider moving it if it n’not too big.
- Finally, a thinning figs allows’limit the number and thus promote the development of those that’is left in place.
Ficus carica which gives no figs
Ficus carica fruit part that need’a good period’rooting before seeing the first fruits appear.
He n’So there's not much to do except n’is d’wait for your ficus carica s’rooted.
- A good planting improves and accelerates the’rooting
- Regular watering during the first 2-3 years after planting is necessary for the ficus carica
- Patience is often a good quality home gardener
Namely the ficus carica:
Ficus carica is the name of fig or the common edible fig tree. It enchants by beauty of its branches and fruit quality that’it offers.
Only European representative of the genus ficus, it represents quite well, with the’olive, Provence and the Mediterranean.
But c’is also a beautiful fruit tree, renowned for the taste of its fruit and the many virtues of the figs.
Undemanding, it is rustic and s’suits most soils. The ficus carica resists freezing till -15 ° about, or more over a short period.
Ficus carica The figs can produce long, her performance up until’a hundred pounds of figs per tree.
Finally, note that the ficus carica latex is close enough to that of rubber.
Council clever about ficus carica:
Ficus carica is marcotte easily, choose a beautiful branch layering and make your own!
- You can also all our recipes with figs
- Advice and care ficus benjamina
- Tips and rubber maintenance, ficus elastica