L’escallonia is a shrub that has lovely flowers and is very decorative.
Planting, caring for and pruning heavily involved in flowering and the proper development of’escallonia.
In short, that’you should know:
Name : Escallonia
Family : Escalloniacées
Type : Shrub
Height : 1-3 m
Exposure : Sunlight
Ground : Ordinary, well drained
Foliage : Evergreen
Flowering : May-August
Choose plant your escallonia to’autumn to promote the’rooting before’Winter and better recovery in the spring.
Can also plant in spring but in s’ensuring that the young shrub does not lack’water at the beginning.
- Prefer good sunny situations to promote the beautiful flowering of’escallonia.
- L’escallonia loves heat and never will be as well that’to l’sheltered from the wind.
- In hedge, observe a spacing of’at least 80 cm.
- Follow us planting tips.
Size and Care’escallonia:
Rapid growth,’escallonia often deserves refresh 1-2 times a year if we want to keep it a beautiful silhouette.
Regular pruning also allows denser foliage and improve flowering.
At the end of’winter to rebalance and end of’summer after flowering to cut more freely.
- L’using’shears is recommended and an appetite branch for larger branches
- In hedge pourez use a hedge trimmer to trim your escallonias.
- See our dedicated page size shrubs.
Fertilizers and irrigation in the’escallonia:
- L’contribution of’fertilizer in spring allows’improve the bloom during’summer
- Watering during the first 2 years after planting is recommended to promote the’rooting.
- L’escallonia pot requires more frequent watering because the’drying of the soil is faster.
A knowledge on’escallonia:
A native of Chile and the Andes, the’Escallonia offers a beautiful blooming which varies from white to red through pink depending on the variety.
Its small clusters of flowers are the delight of bees throughout the’summer.
On the’also appreciate for its beautiful foliage that persists shine in winter.
Preferring places sheltered from the wind and rather warm, it will give its full potential during the’was especially if you make it a organic fertilizer in the spring.
Solid or hedge, it s’perfectly adapted to these two situations.
Some varieties’escallonias highly appreciated:
L’escallonia offers flowers and foliage of different depending on the variety, here are some among many varieties that have particularly more us:
Escallonia rubra macrantha : Its leaves are larger than the others and its flowers are’a lively and bright pink.
Escallonia Apple Blossom : It is very dense and its flowers are’a pretty pale pink
Escallonia Iveyi : A escallonia offering a btl white flowering
Escallonia Ingramii : Its foliage is aromatic and pinkish red flowers.
Escallonia laevis ‘Brian Gold’ : Its foliage pulls its flowers are yellow and pink.
Escallonia cardinalis : We appreciate her pink to reddish flowers heart and beautiful shiny green foliage.
Malignant Council about the’escallonia:
For planting, avoid at all costs the periods of frost!
You can also find:
- Create a flowering hedge
- The summer-flowering shrubs