The shallot is both easy to grow and delicious cooking.
Maintenance, from planting to harvest, you will have no problem while guaranteeing excellent results.
In short, that’you should know:
Name : Allium ascalonicum
Family : Allium
Type : Vegetable
Height : 15 to 25 cm
Exposure : Sunlight
Ground : Light, drained
Flowering : Summer
Harvest : July and August
Planting, planting shallots:
L’shallot is a perennial but is cultivée in our latitudes as an annual.
So it disappears in winter and does not reappear the’following year.
L’Shallots are plant rather waning moon for best results.
Planting bulbs can be done all winter if your soil allows ie it is not wet.
Otherwise, if you are afraid of heavy rain and strong rates’soil moisture, wait for the end of winter and this until March-April, plant the bulbs.
- Prepare the soil by crumbling the earth so as to make possible furniture
- Prioritize poor soil, well drained
- A sand intake may be beneficial
- Plant the bulb, leaving flush with the upper part
- Mulch in winter to avoid the gel alters their proper development.
- Each line spacing of about 20 cm (15 cm for smaller varieties)
Less common but possible as you can sow your shallots
- As early as March and preferably under shelter.
- Sowing n’is the simplest and quickest method to get shallots, better then plant the bulbs.
At harvest, in the month of July pluck the tufts and dry the in a sunny, well-ventilated place for two to three days.
- Then you can get them in a place dry, airy and quite cool.
Know that shallot, although among the most common, is preserved only until mid-December.
For storage all winter, choose theShallot Jersey the pink hue and equally delicate taste.
Namely the shallots:
//]] // L’shallot belongs to the same family as theonion, it is part of French cuisine and is appreciated for its greater finesse.
Vegetable condiment, it allows to decorate dishes or sauces claiming finest, both raw or cooked.
L’Shallot is rich enough in vitamin C and B, trace elements and antioxidants.
the most common are:
Gray shallots, regarded as the true shallots. They are appreciated for their flavor, considered superior to that of roses shallots.
- Shallots: Griselle, Grisor
- Shallots Roses Bretor, Delvad, Jermor, Jersey Watch, Pesandor, Rondeline,
Malignant Council about shallots:
The shallot is rich in magnesium, cultivate them and maintain your health!
- Read also: onion cultivation