The dipladenia or mandevilla is a remarkable climbing shrub.
L’maintenance, planting of size, should allow you to’have beautiful flowers during’summer.
Name : Mandevilla splendens
Family : Apocynacées
Type : Shrub, vine
Height : 3 m
Exposure : Bright
Ground : Well drained
Foliage : Evergreen
Flowering : June to October
Follow our tips to have a beautiful dipladenia:
Pot culture of dipladenia:
For container gardening, it is recommended Repot every 1 to 2 years, in preference spring.
The pot provided when’purchase will be quickly too small so plan your quick potting dipladenia outside of flowering
- Find our tips well repot your dipladenia mandevilla
Culture outside dipladenia:
The dipladenia originates’South America and therefore needs’a temperature of 20° whole’year to grow well.
For cultivation in the ground, a climate Hot summer and winter is necessary and the planting will spring.
Remove faded flowers to the dipladenia as to stimulate’emergence of new flowers.
- Light trim so early in the spring to stimulate flowering.
- The size can occur when repotting.
Pot cultivation and maintenance of dipladenia:
Choose very bright location for your dipladenia but no direct sun behind glass.
- Avoid proximity’a heat source such as a radiator.
- Protect from direct sunlight during the hottest hours if it is behind glass.
Sprinkle evenly but not too much to not suffocate the roots.
Finally, take out your shrub May to October to make him take advantage of’outside air.
In pot, dipladenia needs many’humidity and to appreciate’be placed on a bed of gravel or balls’always wet clay to recreate the conditions of its natural environment.
Dipladenia after flowering:
The classical period of flowering dipladenia s’extends from March to November.
Then, it should be’winterize your plant by putting in a cooler room, but bright.
- There ideal temperature is around 20-21 ° l’summer and 10-15 ° l’winter.
Namely the dipladenia:
Originating’Tropical America and belonging to the same family as the oleander, this shrub offers beautiful blooming, both generous and durable.
Outdoors it s’installs both foot’a wall,’a trellis, d’a tree or’a post in which his character climbing highlight it.
The dipladenia likes very well in a greenhouse where the rate of’humidity is high if you like cultivate in apartment or indoor spraying of regular’soft water on the foliage.
- The dipladenia is toxic by indigestion and irritating to the touch.
Diseases and problems in the dipladenia:
If leaves turn yellow dipladenia c’is very often of couse’a chill or’a lack of’water
- Protect your dipladenia currents’air and spray regularly of’water on the foliage.
If a whitish clusters appears as a fluffy duvet, it s’These scales.
- Follow our tips treatment against scale insects.
The dipladenia may be subject to mites such as spider mites.
- Follow our tips good fight against spider mites
Malignant Council on the dipladenia:
A contribution of’Special organic fertilizer improves flowering plants flowering.