The crocosmia is a bulbous flower that is back to the garden.
As easy to grow than decorative, it has a false air of very interesting gladiolus.
In short, that’you should know:
Name : Crocosmia
Family : Iridaceae
Type : Flower bulbous or perennial
Height : 60 to 120 cm
Exposure : Sunny and part shade
Ground : Ordinary but well drained
Flowering : June to September
Ideally, crocosmia crashes to’fall or spring for the flowering’next summer
- Plant the bulbs in crocosmia 10 cm deep in the sun and where it is hot the’summer
- The crocosmia likes well-drained soils but not too buried
- Observe sufficient spacing 5 to 10 cm between each plant.
- Leave exceed slightly so that the rhizomes’they receive the sun on the top.
- It is more aesthetic to plant crocosmia small groups of several
Every 3 years or should be divide separating stem bulbs to regenerate the foot.
- The division is preferably the’summer
- Strain out the land to’Using’spade
- Cut the bulb in significantly’Using’a sharp knife
- Replant the new strain crocosmia in a suitable location
- Drizzle generously
Seedlings, prefer potted seedlings in September-October.
- You can leave them in’outside and under cover throughout the’winter.
- Flowering n’intervene only 2-3 years after planting.
- You will proceed to transplanting in the ground right out of the first leaves.
Size, maintenance crocosmias:
The crocosmia is a perennial very easy to maintain and usually requires no treatment therefore that’it is installed.
- Weeding regularly around so as not to let the weeds take over rhizomes
- Remove faded flowers as but leave the foliage until’its yellowing generally up’in September.
The crocosmia needs to see the leaves turn yellow in order to build up the reserves it needs for the next flowering.
- Remove the weeds growing in the center of the plant in order to identify rhizomes.
- Pointless’No watering because the plant’not needed.
Crocosmia in winter:
Qu’it either in pots or in soil, frost resistant crocosmia provided that’it is neither too strong nor too long.
If’winter long and vigorous, it is imperative to protect your bulbs cocosmia.
- A good mulch enough if temperatures do not fall below -5 °
- It will dig up the bulbs and put them in’frost if you fear a strong gel
Namely the crocosmia:
Originating’South Africa, crocosmia offers attractive colored tufts tend to s’expand over the years.
Particularly easy’interview, she resists even at low winter frosts, provided that’they are neither too high (-5 °) or too durable in time.
Some varieties are resistant even until -15 ° if the ground n’not too wet in winter.
The foliage is d’pretty green while its flowers provide warm and vibrant colors, from yellow to red through orange.
Malignant Council on the crocosmia:
The lifetime of’a crocosmia can range from 5 to 20 years.
To maximize its life, bring it each year a special organic fertilizer bulbs after flowering.