Make his compost itself is a gesture that helps protect the’environment by recycling waste.
Compost is also a great way of making organic matter essential for the proper development of plants.
With your compost you will be able to feed and fertilize your plants all without it costing you a penny ...
- Compost, utility and explanation
- Making a compost of’apartment
- Mill and compost, make the right choice
- Soil or compost, what difference
- Buy a composter with Malin Gardening
What is compost?
Compost is an excellent way’using plant waste we produce for’use the garden as a soil, fertilizer and green manure.
- Compost is an excellent amendment to the ground.
- He promotes growth plants, roses, trees and shrubs.
- Its composition allows’improve the quality of the soil and’providing the nutrients plants need to grow.
Period’use of compost:
Compost s’preferably used when plants are most in need, c’ie during their period of growth.
The kitchen garden, it is also the’used to prepare the ground at the end of’winter, the end of’winter before receiving first planting and early planting.
The compost should have a homogeneous appearance, a dark color and a pleasant peat odor or earth.
There is friable and relatively fine texture.
- He s’used when the plant needs it most, especially when revegetation.
- In spring in general, but also throughout the’year for plants of’inside.
Compost activator, speed up the process:
By stimulating’action of bacteria and microbial flora present in the compost, you accelerate the process composting.
He s’is d’a formula 100% natural and usable in organic farming that enhances the decomposition of waste.
C’is the guarantee’a compost better and usable more quickly.
Compost technical plant waste:
There are 2 ways to make your own compost heap and tray.
- Composting bin :
There aujourd’hui in trading a wide range of composters, wood or plastic, ideal for processing compost plants.
Compost heap :
The pile has several advantages, including the right not to be limited in’space.
This does exposed to weathering as well as’the fowl and other animals that may thus come to feed on garbage.
Waste to the compost:
All vegetable waste your home or your garden can be added to your compost pile or your composter.
We find in organic waste allowed:
- Peels of fruits and vegetables
It is best to wash them before so that’he n’there is no trace of chemicals.
- Coffee grounds and paper filter
- Shells’eggs, crushed to facilitate their decomposition
- Dead flowers
- Bread and pasta waste.
- Green garden waste: leaves, mowing, weed, flowers, etc ...
Watch Out! Make sure that the waste n’have received no chemical treatment before.
- Some household waste such as paper tissues and ash.
- Tea bags, d’tea and herbal tea
- One can use the ashes or use as fertilizer and anti-slug
Waste not to put in the compost:
Yes, we must avoid throwing in some compost weeds, especially those bearing seeds because it can promote proliferation.
N’not use the waste with chemically treated such as herbicides, pesticides, fungicides and other harmful products for’environment and our earth.
Finally, you will not put in your composter:
- Diseased plants
- Meat, including bones
- Fish, in particular the edges
- Oysters, mussels
- Peels’orange, lemon or grapefruit
- The price level:
There is a wide choice of compost whose price varies depending on the quality of materials (wood, plastic, etc ...), the size and composting volume. It is obvious in that it mainly depends on your budget.
- In materials:
Qu’it either plastic or wood, both allow you to’achieve the same result.
The composter wood has the’advantage’be more environmentally friendly.
Choose a model FSC certified to ensure that the wood comes from well-cultivated forests and not of deforestation.
Make a self-composter:
There is a method very economical and simple to achieve.
Just make a square with 4 paddles and tie together with wire and you will ask directly on the ground.
- Choose a location sheltered from the wind, not too sunny and easily accessible.
- Place the bottom layer of straw, leaves or twigs of’about 15 to 20 cm.
- Ventilate the job order’prevent them from rotting materials and that’they have the same level of decomposition.
- If the pile is too dry, n’Please watering to maintain the level of’moisture governing matters need
L’ventilation afforded the’space between the slats is excellent and allows your waste to decompose optimally.
It is wise to have a bottom hatch of’one of the paddles to get the compost heap as you have formed.
One last tip, if you want your hard composter in time, opt for a class IV wood is the only one to withstand the weather.
- Find composter in’purchase through Gardening Malin
- The soil has what is it for?
- Compost has what is it for?