The chrysanthemum is well known to decorate the graves, but c’is also a beautiful plant to bloom our gardens and terraces.
Planting and advice’maintenance, find that’you have to know to have beautiful chrysanthemums.
In short, that’you should know:
Name : Chrysanthemum
Family : Asteraceae
Type : Annual and perennial (depending on species)
Height : 40 to 100 cm
Exposure : Sunlight
Ground : Ordinary
Flowering : June to November
Chrysanthemum crashes ideally in spring because even s’that it will bloom’at the end of’summer or’autumn, it will be well rooted and will withstand much better to the rigor of’fall and’winter.
- Set up the seedlings in spring in a well-drained soil amended
Chrysanthemums that’we buy pot in’autumn can be planted directly in the ground, in pots or planter, ideally with potting soil but their hardiness will be lower.
- You choose a place sunny to promote flowering.
- Chrysanthemums can be sown from March to May in nurseries or directly implemented in the spring.
- Multiplication by perennial chrysanthemums division of the tuft spring
These include chrysanthemums Saints.
- that the annual’called daisies, can be sown from February to March nursery.
Then install the spring respecting a distance d’about 50 cm.
You can also sow directly in place from May
Size, maintenance, watering chrysanthemum:
Chrysanthemum requires little care enough if n’is d’regular watering s’it does not rain.
- Remove faded flowers to as this promotes’emergence of new flowers.
- Water when the soil is dry, especially for’potted chrysanthemum use as claimed moist soil to thrive.
- Do not wet the foliage to d’avoid’onset of diseases such as rust or’powdery mildew.
Frequent diseases in chrysanthemum:
The chrysanthemum is subject to some diseases and parasites that are avoidable, however, especially avoiding wetting the foliage and enough spacing for each plant that does not’it touching.
- Powdery mildew : A white film covers the leaves and stems
- Rust : Pustules appear on the lower leaf surface
- Aphids : S leaves’curl and fall off.
Namely the Chrysanthemum:
The chrysanthemum is originating in Korea but it is aujourd’hui cult plant in Japan where he became the favorite Japanese flower.
It is called here theFall Flowerand it is the symbol of pleasure and happiness.
There is a wide variety chrysanthemums.
They are known for their colors pink, red, orange, yellow or white.
They have the’benefit late blooming, up’in November, and come thus advantageously fill our gardens when the flowers begin to be scarce.
Also the plant pot to bloom balconies and terraces.
- For this, prefer a good potting soil for flowering plants that will have the’advantage of keeping the’moisture as the plant needs it.
Chrysanthemum has a large capacity’adaptation and will be solid as well in pots or tubs but also to decorate a flat strip.
Malignant Council on chrysanthemums:
If you want to choose the color, buy the pot (container) when’they begin to flower and plant them in your garden.