The carrot is undoubtedly’one of the most cultivated vegetables and the taste.
L’maintenance, from sowing to harvest, is easy. Here is how to harvest beautiful carrots.
In short, that’you should know:
Name : Daucus carota
Family : Apiaceae
Type : Biennial Vegetable
Height 20-30 cm
Exposure : Sunny and part shade
Ground : Sandy and light
Harvest : 3 to 6 months depending on varieties
- Health: benefits and virtues of carrots
- Kitchen: recipes with carrots
Culture, carrot seedlings:
Carrot seedlings s’spreads March, or a little earlier if the weather permits, to July. We love stagger carrot seedlings in time in order to reap over time.
To avoid split cores, it is imperative’have a well loosened soil without rocks or compact area. The root must descend quickly into the ground, without obstacles, to get a straight and long carrot.
Growing conditions in carrot:
- The carrot needs’a well-drained soil and healthy, without stone or pebble
- Carrot fears the heavy clay soils where it will not grow
- The floor must be loosened
- Stir systematically river sand to your seedlings
- The carrot need sun to thrive
Carrot sowing period:
If you start February, Protect your seedlings with shelter as a small greenhouse or tunnel so as not to be subjected to the last frost.
Latest sowing the’summer you will harvest your carottes up’in winter.
- Prefer seedlings up taking care of’shelter under a frame or tunnel in the first weeks.
- From the end of March, early April, you n’longer need to’shelter.
- Lighten, if necessary during cultivation in order to’prevent your plants touch each other. Keep stronger each time.
- You can keep them in the ground carrots and tear in as.
Maintenance of the core:
It is preferable fertilize the soil before planting carrots. Use an dehydrated manure or organic fertilizer for the garden.
- Avoid putting just fresh manure before planting your carrots because you could burn your seedlings.
Finally, limit the number of’spray during cultivation, mulch the base of your carrots, it will avoid the’evaporation and limit the growth of weeds.
- A good regular hoeing prevents weed growth and allows’maintain the drainage of’water
Harvesting and conservation of carrots:
We can consider that the carrot is ready to harvest about 3 to 6 months after planting, depending on the variety.
Culture harvest time:
- The early varieties, sown under cover will be harvested less than 3 months after sowing
- The varieties’summer will 3 to 4 months before’be harvested
- The many varieties of’winter can reach 6 months before harvest
Good technique to harvest carrots:
To harvest carrots, simply pull out entirely, with the foliage without damaging the plants remained in the ground.
- L’Using’spade fork allows not to damage the cores when’uprooting.
- Once pulled, let them dry in the sun for several hours in order to remove dirt easily.
To keep carrots as long as possible during the winter, place them in a cool, dry, ventilated but mostly sheltered from frost.
- The best way is the Store in a box filled with sand and not humid.
That is the carrot:
The culture of carrot is possible whatever your environment while Harvesting can s’spread out from June to November if you sow different varieties.
The carrot is known and recognized for its rich in vitamin A and C.
She relishes both raw or cooked and moreover facilitates intestinal transit.
Finally, note that if the carrot is a perennial, it is grown as an annual.
Malignant Council on carrots:
Carrots are rich in carotene, this substance is a coloring principle tends to improve the complexion when’you eat!