Calamondin or Calamondino is of an orange’apartment s’fits very well in’heated interior of our homes.
Planting and potting, the’maintenance,’watering and size are all actions that will help you have a beautiful calamondin.
Name : Citrus mitis
Family : Rutaceae
Height : 1 to 2 m
Exposure : Sunlight
Ground : Soil
Foliage : Evergreen
Fructification : November to March
Planting, repot a calamondin:
Planting potted Calamondino:
It is recommended to plant calamondin in a soil mix optionally enriched with fertilizer.
- The pot must always be holes at the bottom to prevent the roots stagnate in’water.
L’ideal and put at the bottom of the pot a layer of gravel, balls’clay or pebbles to be sure the’excess’water s’wicks at the bottom.
Provide a layer of 3 to 4 cm.
Allow Repotting in a diameter slightly larger pot every 2 to about 3 years.
- Repotting s’done in spring or at the end of’summer.
- Follow our advice for well repot your calamondin
Planting in the ground calamondin:
It will grow in the ground than in regions with a Mediterranean or tropical climate.
In this case, shuffle your garden soil for planting soil and make sure your soil is well drained.
Otherwise, dig a little deeper hole and put in the bottom a layer of pebbles, gravel, sand or beads’clay.
- By multiplying the calamondin layering.
Size, maintenance calamondin:
No size n’is really needed.
To balance the silhouette of calamondin, cut slightly after repotting that s’performs in the spring.
A Repotting approximately every 2 years is recommended.
Do it in preference to the end of the’winter or spring after flowering and fruiting ..
If not, do it at the end of the’summer.
How to have beautiful fruit and beautiful foliage?
L’contribution of’a special citrus fertilizer significantly improves fruit quality and beauty of the foliage.
Inside, water regularly, but not too soon as the soil is dry.
- You can increase the dose spring and in summer especially when’it's warm.
- In winter, wait until the soil is dry for a few centimeters between two waterings.
Namely the calamondin:
The Calamondino fruit is a small shrub that gives edible fruits, but so acidic that’they are somewhat indigestible.
It is often chosen as d plant’inside.
If you can, it's good to get your calamondin after all risk of frost, spring up’at the end of’summer.
Indoors, you l’install a bright spot, but avoiding the sun during the hottest hours.
Also avoid the direct vicinity of’a radiator.
Diseases, parasites calamondin:
- Mealybugs, whitish down on foliage: How to fight?
- Reinforce the resistance of your calamondin thanks to’contribution of’fertilizer
Malignant Council on the calamondin:
L’Regular intake of’a fertilizer for citrus improve flowering and fruiting.
- All citrus fruits : Tips, interview