C’is often the’autumn when pruning trees and shrubs created mounds of branches and boughs, the question of’purchase’a mill arises.
The end of the’authorization to make a big fire to burn all or proximity with neighbors often gives reason to’acquisition’a vegetable mill.
Among the wide choice, both in terms of price, quality than’energy, what is the most suitable for your garden?
First selection criteria:
The first question to ask is on the amount of plants that’we will have to grind.
- Assess volume of branchs crushing
- Measure size branches cutting as the grinder n’is not the same s’he s’is d’a small hedge that large trees with large branches
- Estimate frequency’use (1 to 2 times a year, every 2 years, etc ...)
Then questions of’practical order also deserve’be asked.
- Where store the grinder ?
- Am I a mode of transport type trailer, van or car my only will she have enough to carry it?
Selection criteria for’purchase’a garden shredder:
L’purchase’a vegetable mill raises various questions about the technical constraints.
Indeed that is the type of’energy (gas, electric) used, the power required, the cutting system or the branches diameter tolerance, are criteria that must be factored into your decision.
Motor power plant mill:
The size of your garden has little’influence on the engine capacity as c’is what you have to grind that matters.
If you have a large garden consists mainly of’lawn and’a hedge that you never prune you n’will not have the same needs as one who has a small garden with fruit trees, shrubs, rose bushes and hedges trimmed at least 1-2 times a year.
Thus the more you have to use your mill and it will emphasize the product quality.
- Choose Thermal mill (Gasoline) for a regular use
- Choose a electric grinder for time use your mill plant
Cutting tolerance for the diameter of the branches:
The larger the diameter of the branches is important and you should choose a high-capacity crusher. If this seems logical, it is also important that’we must take a tolerance so as not to obstruct’port and not to force the engine.
- If the diameter of your branches not exceeding 30 mm, use a 40 mm tolerant mill
- Prefer an engine if you have large amounts of large branches to grind
Sound level of garden shredders:
The sound level of plant mills is expressed in decibels dB and this can have an influence in’act’purchase.
Whatever the level given by the manufacturer, the No silent shredders branches’not available and a helmet hearing protection is necessary to prevent damage to your hearing.
It is worth recalling that rules of good neighborliness be respected ie daytime use and respecting the rules imposed by the municipality in terms of noise.
Weight of the plant mill:
The engine is more powerful and the weight of your mill will be. As well as thermal crushers are heavier than electric grinders.
The weight thus varies more or less’ten kilo over 40 kg.
- Think about the fact that’it will move and your fitness can be significant
The garden shredders security:
Aujourd’hui all plant mills sold in France and Europe meet strict safety standards should therefore not worry.
Nevertheless, it is necessary to follow certain rules to avoid accidents:
- Use systematically gloves
- Wear goggles anti-projections
- Not Never put your hands beyond the rubber part intended to secure the’hole
- A pusher arms is usually supplied with the mill plants, use it!
- If jams, always turn off the mill and disconnect’supply before handling’device
Using the ground material once ground plant?
This ground material is of’great use, do throw it out!
C’is indeed a great mulch which will form a layer several centimeters on all your massive.
- This prevents or retards the growth of weeds
- The decomposition allows natural fertilizing your soil
- You protect the roots from the cold in winter and you hold the’humidity in summer
Here you are well informed for’buying your mill plants, n’Please leave us your comments, your views and experiences on your own purchases!