Bordeaux mixture is an effective fungicide and permitted in organic farming.
It is widely used for the treatment of plants, vegetables or fruit from the garden.
Compliance with doses of’Use of this product is nevertheless necessary to avoid contaminating nature.
In short, that’you should know:
Interest, use Fungicide, algaecide
Composition Water, copper and calcium sulphate
Main plants concerned : Vine, fruit, potatoes, tomatoes
Qu’do Bordeaux mixture?
C’is a fungicide blue-based copper sulfate and lime.
It is preferably used as a spray and is used to fight against most forms of fungal diseases, c’ie fungus and commonly used against mildew, scab, leaf curl fruit, cankers or moniliasis.
There dose to respect must be between 10 and 20g per liter’water and should certainly not be exceeded.
- Find our best offer Bordeaux mixture
Periods for using Bordeaux mixture:
The first treatment with Bordeaux mixture occurs at the end of’hiver. C’At that time, during the great cleaning of’winter, that’we will eliminate fungi that have wintered in the middle of the vegetation.
She s’routinely used spring, when diseases develop.
- C’is indeed when the weather is warm and the’moisture still present as fungi tend to grow.
She s’also uses to’autumn, after the leaves fall.
- By performing a spray avoids this period that the disease goes durably’winter garden.
On the’used as soon as’we must fight preventively against fungal diseases (fungi).
- the mildew,
- there speckle,
- there peach leaf curl
- the canker.
- there fruit rot, brown rot
It is scarcely necessary to spray the slurry when the fungus has already appeared because its effect is primarily preventive.
But we can consider that’spray when the disease first appeared may limit its development.
Plants that need Bordeaux mixture:
Preventively, to’autumn when the leaves fall.
It renews the treatment at the end of’winter after size to protect mushroom wounds.
- Start with rake leaves then burn before’perform a Bordeaux mixture spray.
- At the end of’winter or early spring, just before the’appearance of the first buds.
- In 2 cases, it is strongly advised to renew’operation 2 to 3 times at 15 days’interval.
- Read also: how to treat fruit rot, brown rot?
Potato, tomato and strawberry:
From the month of May, at the rate of’a spray every 15 days.
This treatment is essential because these vegetables are most sensitive to mildew and contamination could doom the harvest.
- Discontinue treatment a few weeks before harvest.
- Read also: Culture and Maintenance potato, of tomato, thestrawberry
It is very susceptible to mildew and therefore deserves a systematic treatment in spring and’fall.
C’is d’also where we get the name Bordeaux.
- Treatment should begin in the month of’April and s’expand up’to the end of July with a slurry spraying every 15 days approximately and always after a strong rainy period.
- Read also: culture and maintenance of the vine,andpruning
Read also on diseases and pests:
- Fight against aphids
- Fight against caterpillars
- Fight against mildew
- Fight against scab
- Fight against peach leaf curl
- Fight against canker
Although’allowed in organic farming, it is strongly recommended not to exceed the prescribed dose.
Also avoid too frequent use, as it would in this case a contaminated item.
- For’Purchase Bordeaux mixture, c’Here