The bignone that’Jasmine is also called Virginia is a climbing beautiful blooming whole’summer.
His trumpet shaped flowers, orange or red, are spectacular and can adorn the garden until’to frost.
In short, that’you should know:
Name : Campsis
Family : Bignonacées
Type : Creeper
Height : 5 to 10 m
Exposure : Sunlight
Ground : Rather rich, fresh and well drained
Foliage : Deciduous
Flowering : June to October depending on weather
Plantation of bignone:
It is recommended that the bignone plant the autumn but it can also be plant in spring on condition that a regular watering at first.
You can also plant in the summer provided generously and water regularly and avoid periods of high heat.
- It should ideally be planted in a soil mixture of garden compost
- The bignone like sunny situations especially in the north of the Loire or c’is essential to bloom
- The bignone dreads too fresh winds so it must be protected from these winds
- Follow us planting tips
Multiplication of Bignones:
- The cuttings is easy on bignone and practice l’summer, take the opportunity to multiply
- Flowering Cuttings and non-grafted subjects is still getting longer
Pruning and maintenance of bignone:
No size n’is really essential but can s’be necessary if your bignone becomes invasive.
The Bignones are indeed vigorous plants that must sometimes contain growth.
- Then prefer a size at the end of’winter before restarting the vegatation
- Avoid at all costs to cut in case of frost or severe heat
- Keep only the skeleton of the bignone
- He n’There is no restriction in size, can be folded without problems severely
As regards the size’maintenance, it is best to prune in late’winter twigs dried by the cold and do not grow back. This size represents a forty centimeters.
Namely the bignone:
The bignone is well known for climbing Beauty flowering and its hardiness.
His coverage makes it the ideal plant to hide an old cinderblock wall or concrete, a trunk’tree or just to beautify a garden shed, an arbor or pergola.
The bignone has a good hardiness SINCE’frost-resistant from -10 ° up’at -15 °.
Quite resistant to diseases and pests, note that even when aphids and spider mites can sometimes s’installed on the plant. These attacks are rarely deadly.
Malignant Council about the bignone:
During hot weather, prefer regular watering but limited evening
Read also : The different names jasmine