S’it is a fruit that’it is possible to maintain for months and that’you can sample up’in the heart of’Winter, c’is the apple.
Preserving of fruit par excellence, apples can be stored in good conditions up’Christmas and even beyond.
Picking up’storage, here are the rules to follow for optimal apples conservation.
Conservation varieties of apples
The choice of apples is important because not all will remain as well.
Although all beings apples can be kept for several months in good conditions, there are varieties that store more easily some of which can be enjoyed up’in the spring.
Here varieties apple very good preservation:
- Belle de Boskoop
- Beautiful girl Salins
- Calville white d’winter
- Delbard Jubilee
- La Belle Fille de Salins
- Whit Apple
- Pippin to Brive
- Reinette de Caux
- Pippin Cuzy
- Reinette Grise Canada
- Reinette de Saintonge
There are still far from’others as the number of apple varieties is important, we would identify over 1000!
C’is’One of the most important steps in order to preserve his apples.
Needless to pick apples fall to the ground because they are very fragile and they usually take a few days. He must quickly eat or make a clafoutis, a crumble or of the jam.
We must pick apples in’tree but beware, you have to choose and do this in dry weather.
- Choose apples are not too ripe or too green
- By lifting the apple, make 1/4 turn tail
- If Apple comes off, it is good to pick
- It gently deposited in his basket not the’damage
The selection of apples that will keep the best
To s’ensure that each apple is free of disease or fungus, we will make a first step to select the apples first choice.
- Spread apples without its’they do not touch to avoid possible contamination
- Then watch the apples for a few days
- Remove apples that show signs of weakness (darkening, coloring, browning, tasks, etc ...)
- Isolate the finest apples, those that seem the healthiest
Warehousing and storage of apples for’winter
C’is this step that will determine the proper storage of your apples because in good conditions, you can store them beyond Christmas, sometimes up’in the spring.
- Spread apples without its’they do not touch on crates
- S’ensure that the’good air circulation around apples
- Stored in crates’protected from light, the’humidity and ideally at a temperature around 10 °
- Inspect your apples to remove as soon as the s’damaged first.
With these tips you should be able to store your apples for months and have fresh fruit in winter.
- Find our tips cultivate your apple
- Here's how improve harvesting fruit
- Looking for apple-based recipe, c’Here